CWDM + DWDM hybrid systems are used to empower CWDM systems by integrating CWDM and DWDM equipment. The creation of such systems helps to construct metropolitan area networks with a bandwidth of up to 10 Gbit/s per channel.
The hardware complex of a hybrid multiplexing system allows to implement up to 40 duplex channels based on DWDM technology and up to 8 duplex channels based on CWDM technology in a single optical fiber.
The creation of hybrid multiplexers through the cross-connections of separate CWDM and DWDM devices provides high values of additional attenuations (up to 1.5 dB, depending on connectors). This attenuation value is unacceptable when creating paths with length of over 40 kilometers. We offer solutions that ensure a low value of additional attenuations (up to 0.5 dB) and successfully combine features of CWDM and DWDM technologies.
- joint transmission of up to 40 duplex channels implemented via DWDM and up to 8 duplex channels implemented via CWDM;
- support of all transmission protocols;
- transmission of various types of traffic at various rates.
Transmission Medium Features:
- single optical fiber;
- maximum route length of up to 70 km (depending on fiber-inserted attenuations);
- maximum value of fiber-inserted attenuations of about 17 dB (depending on the number of implemented channels).